Sunday, July 28, 2013

Book Review: Through The Looking Glass



I mentioned in my June Favorites how I was feeling stressed about moving my grandma into a different home and having to sell her house. My uncle has been living there for many years and he, like me, is an avid reader. He had BOXES and BOXES of books sitting in the garage. This is one I found that made me really excited! Alice in Wonderland is my favorite movie (both of them) and Through The Looking Glass was something I was wanting to read for a while- I read the book Alice in Wonderland about a year ago.




As much as I don't like to judge a book by it's exterior, I just couldn't help but love holding this book and reading it. The page ends are lined with a metallic gold. I love the picture on the front cover and there is also one on the back. 

Since the book is full of nonsense and it's very short, I won't go into too much detail. If you liked Alice in Wonderland (the book) you would like this as well. This book is about Alice going through a mirror into a world where everything is sort of backwards. Alice is a very quite annoying character, actually, so I found I liked the minor characters better. This book has riddles, poems, and songs that I liked trying to analyze. It's a very short read and includes illustrations so if the text is too confusing you could get an idea of what was going on.


I'm not sure if I would read this book again in the near future but I am definitely going to keep it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment