Thursday, July 25, 2013

FOTD: Work Appropriate


So I said I would switch up my blog from so many book reviews to a little more beauty again. As you might have noticed, I go through spurts of certain things- beauty, books, fashion. And I tend to post a lot of beauty reviews, book reviews, hauls, but with some other posts in between. It's been hard to post something different than book reviews because that's all I have been doing recently. It's hard to review products when I tend to wear the same things every day and when a lot of my unreviewed items are a bit inappropriate for work.




I don't do much for the eyes anymore. This time I put the cream shade (from the ELF palette) I'm trying to use up on my lids and the brown from the same palette in the crease. This is actually much prettier in person as the cream sparkles nicely and the brown adds decent definition. I then used Wet N Wild's brown liquid eyeliner and set it with the dark brown eyeshadow in the NYX palette I'm trying to hit pan on. I liked the subtlety the brown gave to my eyes. Then I added mascara on my top lashes only (too lazy to do my lower lashes) to finish off the eyes.

For my face, I used the last bit of the Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hour Perfecting Primer underneath my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I will be reviewing the foundation soon- as soon as I get a chance to take before & after photos! On top of my cheeks I added some of ELF's Tickled Pink blush that I'm trying to use up in my regular project pan. You can't tell in the photos but it's definitely noticeable in person. To set everything, I added the Wet N Wild Coverall Powder. My Rimmel Stay Matte Powder shattered (ALL over my floor) two weeks ago so I have been using the Wet N Wild one instead. I like it so far!

For my lips I added a lip balm after exfoliating and then applied my Sue Devitt Color Luxury Lipstick in Samoa. This was in my June Favorites and I love how work friendly it is! It gives the nicest color to my lips and I don't need to wear a lipgloss over it!

Hope I didn't ramble too much! I'll be sharing a few more FOTDs that I rotate between for work and a couple more book reviews. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment