Tuesday, July 16, 2013

May/June Empties

I always forget to take a picture of all my empties as a sort of 'intro' photo! Anyway, I have a lot of empties this month so get ready for a picture spam...




1) Nu-pore Masks: My step dad bought these for me (and some for my mom) a while back. I found them and decided I should give them a try! I ended up using both in one week and loved the way they made my skin feel. It was slightly odd putting on an actual mask that was loaded with product. Both masks were clear and after I took them off, I rubbed the excess product into my skin. It didn't do anything too spectacular but it was such a relaxing experience, I wouldn't be opposed to picking them up again if I were to find them in a store.


2) Alba Botanica Even Advanced Facial Toner: Let's continue with my skincare empties. I really enjoyed this toner. I used it after cleansing or in the morning to refresh my skin. It wasn't irritating and it lasted a really long time- which makes the slightly higher price tag okay! I want to try out some different toners that are a little more calming. I would recommend this to anyone.


3) Up&Up Eye Makeup Remover: This also lasted a really long time- probably almost a year! This worked pretty well but I hated the way my eyes felt afterward. They felt greasy and just gross. I know the time period in between taking off my eye makeup and cleansing is small but I just couldn't handle it! I am looking into different eye makeup removers.


4) Satin Care Shower Gel: I liked this a lot but I want to buy more natural and less chemical shaving creams. This isn't one of them. 


5) Maybelline Falsies Volume Express Mascara: I absolutely hate that Maybelline isn't cruelty free so unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this mascara.

6) Physicians Formula Eyeliner in Purple(?): This took a couple months to finish. I wore this everyday basically all around my eyes to use it up. This was in my Crap Products post I did in May. I didn't like it and I won't repurchase. I'm just happy to see it out of my collection.

7) NYX Tea Tree Blotting Paper: I loved these blotting papers. I wish they weren't so expensive because they work amazingly on my constantly oily skin. 


8) Out The Door Top Coat: This dried too slow for my liking. Plus it chipped fast. Would not repurchase.

9) Orly Nail Defense: I LOVE this polish. It made my manicures last super long and prevented bubbling. I will repurchase after I finish my last base coat.

10) Sally Hansen Double Duty: I like this polish but I think Sally Hansen is not cruelty free. This polish also dries up before I can finish it all-such a bummer. Not even polish thinner works on it!


Alright these empties are actually products I am chucking out because either I hate them, they're old, or they're unusable.

11) Maybelline Ultra Liner: This is almost unusable. I enjoyed it while I had it but I've had it 3 years and it's disgusting now.

12) Nivea Kiss of Shimmer: This was also in my Crap Products post. I can't even manage to put this on my lips at night to use it up. Life is too short to use things I hate.

13) Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Royal Blue: I have an obsession with colored lashes. But I've also had this mascara for 3 years. I have used it all those years as well. No, I didn't get an eye infections but I was always very nervous that I would. If you have any colored mascara recommendations please let me know- Maybelline isn't cruelty free and I won't be able to repurchase this after my buying ban is over!

14) La Roche Posay Sunscreen: I bought this when I went to Europe 4 years ago. I haven't used it in a year and it's way past it's expiration date. I have to toss it because I don't want to risk breaking out or irritating my skin in any way!

Alright, if you've made it this far congratulations! This was quite a long post and I do apologize. This next month I anticipate having less empties so maybe I'll do an empties post every two months? Have a great day.







No comments:

Post a Comment