Friday, September 13, 2013

Job Interview Tips (Makeup & Other)


The previous job (I had for under a week) was finished because of mutual dissatisfaction (I didn't like them, they didn't want me) so I've been on a small hunt ever since. I've been applying for jobs at my college because of the convenience and flexibility factors. Today I went to an interview in which I had to walk across campus to get to.




I wanted to wear makeup that was neutral, long-wearing, but was still more interesting than 'barely there' makeup.


I am still trying to use up my Lorac primer so that was a given. My NYX eyeshadow palette goes nicely over that primer and lasts a little bit longer than different brands. I used a shimmery cream color for the inner half and then a shimmery light brown for the outer half. In the crease and outer third I used a medium brown and then blended everything out.


Of course I used a light hand with my black eyeliner and went a bit heavier with my mascara to make my eyes stand out. Lastly I finished by brightening up my inner corner with a cream matte shadow. 

For job interviews, I feel like you can wear your regular makeup as long as it's neutral. If anything, just tone it down if you feel like it's too much.

As far as the actual interview, always know what to say when they ask you to tell them about yourself, your strengths/weaknesses, and why you want the job.  My strengths/weaknesses are usually the same but I have about 3 strengths I cycle through depending on the type of job. If you can, definitely do research on the company and find out little things you can add into the conversation. The people interviewing you want to get a feel for who you are so just be yourself (and smile!). Most of the time, they ask if you have any questions for them. I always ask about training because then they know I'm definitely interested in the job!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! It is always important to ask questions at the end of an interview!

    Also loving your eyes, you have lovely lashes!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed this post :)

      Delete