Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lipstick Tag!


1. How many lipsticks do you own?
18! I realize that with all the different lip products I have, I could wear a different one everyday for a month. That's insane- I remember when I only had 4 lipsticks!

2. What was your first ever lipstick?
I received 4 at the same time in an Ulta set my step dad gave me in middle school. I remember how excited I felt when I finally got to wear the red lipstick while I performed in a musical.


3. What is your most worn lipstick?
Revlon's Blushing Mauve. I wore this a ton my senior year in high school. It was a good 'your lips but better' pearl finish. Unfortunately Revlon isn't cruelty free anymore so I can't recommend it and I'm working on finishing it up.


4. What is your favorite brand of lipstick?
This question was so difficult! Both Milani and NYX have extremely pigmented and creamy lipsticks. However, NYX has the best formulas for the price. As far as I know, NYX has many more shade options than Milani. Plus, NYX has more of the colors I love to wear- dark purples, bright reds, etc.


5. What is your favorite finish?
My favorite finish is cream. Frosts don't look right on me, mattes are sometimes too drying, and pearls aren't anything too special in my opinion. Above is a picture of some of my brighter cream lipsticks.


6. What is the last lip product you bought?
Milani's Black Cherry. I actually bought this lipstick from Drugstore.com a week or two ago. I tried it on for the first time recently and it is so creamy. On the bottom left are two swatches- the top one natural lighting and the bottom is taken with flash. I love how dark it is and wish I had bought it earlier!


7. How many lip products (including balms and glosses) do you currently have in your handbag?
I usually keep 3 lip products in my bag: Chapstick (or another balm), Revlon's Blushing Mauve (or whatever other lipstick I'm wearing that day), and this Ulta Super Shiny lip gloss I'm trying to use more of. I usually carry around small bags so I don't carry around a lot of makeup!


8. What lip product do you use to rock a red lip?
If I want a lovely stain that literally lasts forever, I'll wear Elf's lip stain in Red Carpet. I used that for my Holiday party look last month. I also love Milani's Ruby Valentine. Above are pictures of the products and their swatches. The lip stain is actually matte but comes with a 'clear' gloss (mine has since turned pink/red.)


9. How do you store your lipsticks?
I store them in a drawer in my closet because I live with a roommate. I don't think she'd appreciate all my lipsticks on display. This is the tray I use in the drawer. The top left stores my brighter lipsticks, the bottom left my darker lipsticks, and the bigger section on the left stores the rest- lip balms, liners, glosses, etc.


10. What lip products are you currently lusting after?
After I saw CoffeeBreakwithDani's video on Milani lipsticks, I really want Milani's Plumrose (pictured left.) I also have been wanting Wet N Wild's 918D Cherry Bomb. After these lipsticks, I think I'll have a "completed" collection. Shocking, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment