Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sephora's Blanc de Blanc


Sorry for the double nail polish posts! This nail polish is currently on sale at Sephora for $5! I took the last one at my local Sephora so I would run out and purchase it if you like it!




I'm not sure how much this was before but for only 9 mL I wouldn't have paid more than $5!



The 'glitter' in this polish comes out pretty easily but is actually sort of challenging to apply to your nails. You sort of have to lay the brush a certain way or have good luck with a swipe of the brush. I wanted to see how it would look against different colors. As you can tell, the glitter shows up as different colors on the black base but just looks like- I don't know snow maybe? on the white base. The color of the glitter particles varies from blue, green, and yellow in person. (These colors show up on the black base.) 


I wanted to show how different the glitter could look on each nail as well. They look like jagged rocks on my pinky, clumped on my ring finger, and quite sparse and cluttered on my pointer and middle fingers. I personally like my pinky finger the best and that was the one I did last (after practicing on all the others!)


One other annoying detail is how the glitter can sort of bunch up on itself and create a bumpy surface on your nails. It doesn't happen often but you just have to be careful.

Overall, if you've been wanting this sort of glitter top coat and don't mind working a little harder to achieve the perfect look, I would recommend it! If not, save your $5 and try a different brand!

I'm actually interested to see if any other Sephora/Pantone nail polishes are any good. I just might pick some more up in the future ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment