Friday, March 28, 2014

Influenster Uni Vox Box


Every time I thought about blogging this past month, my shoulders would slump forward and I would remember how tired I felt. For me, every post should be almost perfect- well edited and photographed pictures and valuable information. The thought of having to do that much work for just one blog post seemed daunting against all the school work I was doing. Blogging is sometimes like a second job and I realize I need to make more time for it. I won't make any promises about a posting schedule, but I will say that I have a lot more ideas for blog posts in the future. Today, March 28, is my 20th birthday and I finally received my Influenster Vox Box!


And no, it didn't come ripped like that. My mom wanted to see what I got while we were at dinner and I, not having access to scissors, proceeded to rip it open. 



This is the best part of Influenster. The basic idea of Influenster is that it's "an exclusive community for trendsetters to share news, products, and reviews with the opportunity to be rewarded by brands." If you have a blog, YouTube channel, or any social networks where you share information about products, I would recommend joining. It's free and sometimes you 'qualify' for boxes like this one!


Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure: $5.99 for colors /$7.99 for patterns
My thoughts: I have already been sent these these types of fake nails in a previous box and while they looked nice, they broke off after only a couple of days. I'm definitely up for trying them again and will make sure to file them down more this time around :)


Expert Last Lip Color in Forever Fuchsia: $1.99
My thoughts: I'm disappointed NYC isn't cruelty free, but I will still try and review this lipstick. The color is SUPER bright and I'm a little concerned with how it will look against my skin tone.


Pilot Acroball PureWhite: $4.59 per 3-pack / $6.24 per 4-pack / $7.49 per 5-pack
My thoughts: This pen better be really amazing for this price! I'm excited to read that it's fast drying because I'm left handed and as fellow left handers know, we struggle with getting ink all over our hands.


Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation: $4.99 - $5.49
My thoughts: I'm super disappointed Rimmel London isn't cruelty free as well. For the sake of this box, I'll still use and review it but I won't repurchase myself. I have oily skin so this product might actually make a difference in my makeup routine. I guess we'll see!


Playtex Sport Fresh Balance: $3.99 - $4.99
My thoughts: Tampons! This was a nice surprise!! I have a few gripes with this one though. I usually have issues with tampons that are scented and even though these are 'lightly scented,' I'm still going to have to be careful with them. 


Red Rose REAL TEA Premium Water Enhancer: $4.49
My thoughts: I love tea and drink it almost daily. I'm excited to try these and will let you know how it compares to tea bags.

Overall: I'm pleasantly surprised with the products I've received in this box. I didn't think I'd get two makeup products and tampons! I hope Influenster tries to incorporate more cruelty free companies in the future though.

I'll be posting reviews of these products over the next couple weeks (along with other posts, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment